5.0 build 415 - Change log
This is a bugfix release
- #1332 Fixed error in BentoBox Extension
- #1333 Fixed common error with 'string_value' String truncation on MySQL.
This was a regression bug due to my refactoring and affected multiple extensions that stored String values over 50 characters.
- #1334 Fixed some issues with page loading with French locale
- #1335 Delayed plugin extension registration to wait for all plugins to start up.
Bungeecord sometimes ignores dependencies in the bungee.yml so this should fix some errors.
5.0 build 410
This update brings some bugfixes that have been ready for a while, I've just been super busy and haven't had time for releasing them.
In addition to this I've begun work on Page Extension API which will allow adding new pages to Plan by other plugins. This seems to be a pretty hefty refactoring of the whole request-response stuff in use on Plan to have a nice to use API, but it's getting there.
In other news, I'll receive the first Github Sponsors payment next month, thanks for the continued support!
I also paid for the discord-bot/nginx server for next 6 months thanks to the donations made through Paypal.
Would you like to support the development? Here are them links:
- https://www.paypal.me/Rsl1122 (one-time)
- https://github.com/sponsors/Rsl1122 (monthly, github matching funds until October 2020)
- French Locale was updated by @Nogapra, and double checked by Aurelien. Thanks!
- [New] Added BentoBox Extension.
Supports AcidIsland, BSkyBlock, CaveBlock and SkyGrid. Gives similar information as ASkyBlock Extension, such as Island names, resets left etc.
- [New] Added support for Vault permission groups.
If using another supported permission system you can disable this separately from Vault economy in the Plan config.
- [Fix] LuckPerms extension registration
- [Fix] Vault Economy error when player doesn't have an account with Essentials Economy
- [Fix] Formatted placeholders related to ping using the formatting setting. (23.321532135 -> 23.32 ms)
- [Fix] Fixed /players page JSON export
the json was not loaded properly because of wrong address
- [Fix] Fixed an error when player joined with Xbox Live without logging in. (Player UUID given as null)
- [Fix] Fixed Nukkit register date gathering. (Nukkit gave seconds, Plan assumed milliseconds.) The incorrect register dates are automatically fixed after updating.
- [Fix] Fixed Nukkit not recording player deaths and because of that also not recording player kills. (EntityDeathListener did not include Players, added PlayerDeathListener)
- [Fix] Error case for EOF when reading Certificate now gives info how to fix the issue rather than a stacktrace.
- [Fix] Error case for missing alias in Certificate now gives error message rather than a stacktrace.
- [Fix] Fixed newer 1.15.2 Spigot builds warning about undecleared dependencies for AAC, Essentials & other plugins using javax.inject
5.0 build 382- Change log
Added Webserver.Security.Disable_authentication setting
This setting allows disabling Plan authentication when https is set up, and it defaults to false to avoid previously secured servers from being exposed.
Added %plan_player_favorite_server% placeholder
Displays the same server name for the player who sees the placeholder as the one on the player page.
Fixed SpongeForge crashing when using IP2C for geolocation
There Plan was using IP2C (fallback) for geolocation, it called HTTPURLConnection#setDefaultCaches(false), which apparently disables caches by default on all URLConnections, including JarURLConnections, that some mods used. The class loader freaked out which lead to a crash.
Fixed font awesome not being Exported properly
The files were exported as text, which malformed the font files.
Fixed periodic gathering task on Paper 1.8.x
The task assumed getTPS() method was available, but it was added to paper in 1.9
5.0 build 367 - Change Log
This update brings a big bunch of great bugfixes. Thanks for everybody who tested & reported bugs in the dev versions. Please note that you'll need to accept a new GeoLite2 EULA for Plan to download the geolocation database after the update.
If you're using Export I highly recommend this update as it fixes a memory leak in Html Export.
If you would like to support development, please consider becoming a sponsor.
Optimized the periodic gathering task (#1289)
The task is used for gathering Online Players, TPS, CPU, RAM, Chunks & Entities and runs every 20 ticks.
The average run time was heavily optimized from 12ms to 0.15ms (98% reduction) with help of Paper timings. The task was also streamlined so it should have similar speeds on other platforms.
Japanese Locale was updated by yukieiji, thanks!
Fixed GeoLite2 Database downloading (#1273)
On December 30th MaxMind made their GeoLite2 database unavailable without an account due to California law change, breaking the geolocation on Plan. This issue has been fixed in this version.
You need to accept the GeoLite2 EULA to use the database again - See 'Data_gathering.Accept_GeoLite2_EULA' setting
Plan will update the database from time to time
Additionally a fallback option was added that uses ip2c via HTTP. I recommend accepting the geolite2 eula, because ip2c doesn't support IPv6 and uses more resources than geolite2, that doesn't require http connections.
Plugins-tab fixes (#1260, #1276, #1286)
There were a couple of bugs with the "Plugins" tabs.
Export fixes (#1278, #1269, #1210)
- Fixed an issue related to some Extension tables not displaying at all.
- Fixed plugin tabs that have large tables not filling the whole width of the page.
- Fixed tab name always being "Plugins Overview" instead of plugin name.
- Fixed tab names not including server name instead showing a dot.
- Fixed wrong column names of Buycraft table
Other small fixes (#1293, #1287, #1272)
- Fixed a memory leak when using Export (some replacement lists were never cleared)
- Fixed some player page export when the players shared parts of the name
- Fixed names of exported server folders when server name had a space (on networks)
- Fixed links of session accordion linking to UUID instead of player name (export saves player name pages)
- Fixed links of "back" buttons not working appropriately with subdirectory URL (eg. /plan/server/)
Direct any bugs to http://bugs.playeranalytics.net, thanks
- Fixed too long weapon item names causing an exception
- Fixed missing hamburger on /players and /debug pages for mobile
- Updated SQLite to 3.30.1
- Updated MySQL to 8.0.19 & HikariCP to 3.4.2
- Updated Font awesome to 5.12.0
- Updated FullCalendar to 3.10.0
Year in Review - 5.0 build 335
This December marked 3 years of Plan development. It has been an interesting year.
Year in review post below, change log for this bugfix update at the bottom.
I was going to write about what was done this year, but that became a 2 page essay so I scrapped it. Then I tried to write about the amount of work that went into this year, but that turned into another long essay.
Long story short, this year I worked on 5.0 update almost every weekend from April to October. The work didn’t start in April, but February, when the redesign was only on the design table. Soon after 5.0 was released, some cool milestones were reached, such as over 1000 servers running Plan, Top 30 of Spigot plugins by Rating and Plan also appeared in the background of LinusTechTips video for a few seconds. Removing installation roadblocks for minigame networks was also successful. (I know this because someone got a Bungee server with 925 Plan servers in the database soon after the update according to bStats).
This recap is going to be a bit more personal this time, because while doing this review I realized that I've felt burnout creeping in for some months now. It makes sense, considering that Plan development has been almost half-time job on top of university studies. On 14th I started Christmas vacation from Plan Discord support and after a few days off, the symptoms seem to have subsided. - I think changes are needed next year when I'll come back after new years.
You gave some awesome feedback and positive words in the satisfaction survey though! The average for How well did we do this year? was a whopping 9.2/10. Overall satisfaction also increased from 8.2 to 8.7 from last year. I’ll address some of the things that were brought up here:
The survey and I seem to be on the same page on where to focus on next: Extensibility and Extensions. Performance optimizations came in 3rd spot. I'll probably keep January off from development while figuring out sustainable form of support, so that’s what will be on the menu when I get back on the horse.
- The settings for data removal are not clear - you need to change stuff under Time.Thresholds on all servers to prevent unwanted removal of data. At least /Plan/serverConfiguration helps with this somewhat until better grouping of the settings.
- High Memory usage - This has been reported only by some users, so I suspect that it is due to Plugin integrations. If you’re having a large memory usage try disabling all Extensions in the Plan config (bonus points if you can figure out which one it is and report it)
- There was a suggestion to track custom PAPI placeholder values over time - Sounds like a good idea to keep in mind. This would need some additions to the DataExtension API, as currently dynamic data or graphs are not supported.
I hope to see you when I get back. Thank you for amazing 3 years and hopefully many more to come.
Added Access-Control-Allow-Origin option for Webserver (#1251)
CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) was preventing Plan data to be used on custom websites. To allow Plan data be used on other pages (for online graphs and stuff), config setting Webserver.Security.CORS.Allow_origin added with default value '*'.
Relative path to session buttons by @jyhsu2000
- Fixes Punchcard not using the TimeZone specified in config (was using server timezone) (#1250)
- Punchcard now displays from 12 am to 11 pm. Previously it showed from 1 am to 00 am. (#712)
- Fixes the Player page and Server page links inside sessions when Plan is behind a reverse-proxy using a subdirectory (eg. www.something.com/plan/)