Clients, Updates and Launchers....

minecraftbobby

Hi guys, thanks for the great software!

I'm new to the MCPE environment, I host several MC dedicated servers on linux boxes for the little one and his mates and am proficient with updates, plugins and launchers / versions etc. It's easy to choose older versions with the PC version thanks to the many launchers that exist.

My question is on MCPE for android specifically are there any launchers or recommendations for playing on our newly created nikkitx server?

The reason I ask is no sooner than we got the server setup with plotsquared and world edit etc his tablet updated Minecraft PE and he now can't join his own server anymore (outdated version)!

I understand development of newer releases takes time and have no issues with that but just wondered if we're missing a trick in regards to launchers or running older versions of MCPE on android or Win10 edition?

Thanks

SupremeMortal

Administrator
Staff member
There is no version selection for Bedrock Edition platforms so you are forced to use the latest version of Minecraft. We try to support the latest version as soon as possible but with 1.5 we had a few issues with things that Mojang broke however we now support it.