Increase VM Memory Raspberry Pi 3

Malexry

So my issue with my server is purely that is only has 1gb of ram. This is not ideal BUT what is even less ideal is that my Max VM Memory and Total Memory (I'm using the status command in Nukkit on my server) is capped at 224.31mb. I opened another connection so while this is running I can monitor how much system memory was unused and then I intentionally Crashed the server via outOfMemory exception to find that during max usage it was only using 460MB. It said there were 520+ MB's still available. I need to figure out how to get the MAX VM Memory up to 700MB because then I could have 2 people on at a time.

The purpose of this server is to have a communal world that my friends and I can log onto whenever we want and have 2 people, maybe 3 max on it at a specific time. I'm not trying for 6-8 person or anything I realize this is a raspberry pi and I see my limitations, but this limitation is not one of the Raspberry pi, it is one of the Nukkit Server.

What I have tried:
I did some searches for threads with "VM Memory" and nothing, I looked in the nukkit.yml and couldn't find anything, I looked in the server.properties and couldn't find anything. I also went to google to try to find something but all that ever shows up is Bukkit threads which is a bit annoying but I even looked into a couple of there recommendations but still nothing.

Thought?

Malexry

If you use wine then run the windows version of bds that’ll work
The Windows version vs the Linux version isn't the issue. They have an ubuntu version but that doesn’t do me any good because both the ‘official’ versions are built for X86_64. The issue is finding a version that can use ARM archetecture. Even with WINE using the Windows version, the processor is still going to be looking for ARM instructions and getting X86 instructions. Nukkit natively supports ARM arch that is why I am trying to find a way with Nukkit.

lukeeey

The Windows version vs the Linux version isn't the issue. They have an ubuntu version but that doesn’t do me any good because both the ‘official’ versions are built for X86_64. The issue is finding a version that can use ARM archetecture. Even with WINE using the Windows version, the processor is still going to be looking for ARM instructions and getting X86 instructions. Nukkit natively supports ARM arch that is why I am trying to find a way with Nukkit.
Completely forgot it was ARM I’m using to x86_64

Malexry

Still having this problem... anyone have any updates or help a month later? Help would be appreciated.

Sleepybear

Staff member
Use the command line switches to set the VM memory when you start java. -Xms or something, I forget exact syntax but you can use java --help and fine the switches to change heap settings