MOTD's

xTimPlayz

Hi I'd like to ask how to add color to server motd's. I've noticed that &, \u00A7 and section symbols all don't work. Thanks.

xTimPlayz

Try to save your server.properties in different text encoding
Sorry can you please explain what you mean by a different text encoding? I tried using different apps e.g. WordPad Notepad but that didn't make a difference. If you mean file saving formats e.g. RTF, I'll try that now.

xTimPlayz

I tried what I mentioned above by using save as and trying Unicode but that just saved a new server.properties file which didn't make a difference

PetteriM1

Resource Mod
Staff member
I tried what I mentioned above by using save as and trying Unicode but that just saved a new server.properties file which didn't make a difference
This is just what I mean. I dont remember was it unicode or utf but that fixed problem for someone. So try replacing the original with one saved in different encoding.

xTimPlayz

This is just what I mean. I dont remember was it unicode or utf but that fixed problem for someone. So try replacing the original with one saved in different encoding.
Hi, When I try to replace it with a Unicode text file, a server.properties file generates again.