NukkitX create Nether world

bluesiivv

Good day all. I'm enjoying using NukkitX and thank you to all of you contributing to this project! I'm hoping someone can give me an overview of setting up Nether on my NukkitX server. Each time I launch NukkitX I get an [Alert] No level called nether found. Nether functionality will be disabled.
I've tried manually creating world folders named: nether, myworldname_nether, and world_nether. None of these seems to be working. I appreciate your assistance!

CreeperFace

🇨🇿🇺🇦 Слава Україні!
Staff member
currently nukkit provides only basic nether support which means that you can use only 1 nether world. If you create new world named 'nether' it should work. And if you set its generator to 'nether' too it should be similar to the real nether then :D

CreeperFace

🇨🇿🇺🇦 Слава Україні!
Staff member
to generate map with specified generator I recommend to use MultiWorld for example

bluesiivv

CreeperFace,
Thanks for the reply. I modified server.properties and set level-name=nether and level-type=nether. Starting nukkitX generated the nether world and I was able to connect. I'm stuck again getting the new nether world to load along with my default world. I modified the worlds: section of nukkit.yml to below. But the server won't even start. What am I missing?
nukkit.yml
worlds:
world:
seed:
generator: DEFAULT
nether:
seed:
generator: nether

CreeperFace

🇨🇿🇺🇦 Слава Україні!
Staff member
No you mustn't change anything in server.properties. It's Just Basic support so the nether world is the separate folder in worlds called nether. In server.properties keep your old values.

bluesiivv

CreeperFace,
I have the nether world generated. It is located in the /nukkitX/worlds/nether folder. server.properties and nukkit.yml are back to default state. However, I still get the "no level called nether found! nether functionality will be disabled" message when starting nukkitX. Screenshots attached.

Attachments

CreeperFace

🇨🇿🇺🇦 Слава Україні!
Staff member
Excuse me, you have to add nether world in nukkit.yml to let the server load it on startup

bluesiivv

CreeperFace,
I'm sorry to be such a pain but I'm still getting the nether not found error when starting NukkitX. I added nether to nukkit.yml (tried with and without a seed number) and the error still persist. Is there something else in nukkit.yml I need to enable or is my formatting in nukkit.yml wrong? This is driving me crazy!

4nukkit.yml.w.seed.png 4nukkit.yml.wo.seed.png

CreeperFace

🇨🇿🇺🇦 Слава Україні!
Staff member
yes the formatting is wrong, the nether section must be shifted with two spaces

bluesiivv

Thank you!!! It was the formatting. World section needs 2 spaces and seed/generator need 3. Thanks for all your help CreeperFace. Now NukkitX does not give the nether not found error. Furthermore, I'm able to use my nether portal. It takes me to "nether" where I'm surrounded by stone or lava walls, then I "fall off the world". Not what I was expecting but it is working ;)
Any ideas what I need to do to have a functional Nether world filled with fire, lava, and dangerous mobs?

Denic

Supporter
There isn't much that you can do to get a fully functional nether unless you write a new world generator. Even then I would recommend waiting for the rewrite because almost everything is changing. Overall, you cannot make a fully functional nether UNLESS you develop a new generator.

s3rvant

Was able to enter nether world by creating nether folder in nukkit/worlds directory and editing nukkit.yml world section by adding:
nether:
generator: nether

Problems encountered:
- Portal exited in nether world at coordinates 1,1,0 so very easy to glitch below into void and long dig to surface
- Traveling back through portal does not lead to original, instead exits at secondary portal also at 1,1,0 but in original world

In other words, creating the portal in original world caused a second copy of the portal to be generated in original world and both it and the portal in nether world were located at 1,1,0